I could feel a cold coming on all day Thursday. I even debated going to orchestra Thursday night. I didn't sleep well that night and woke up Friday not feeling that great. I skipped the gym and Lucy helped me grocery shop Friday morning. We spent the day relaxing, napping and watching lots of TV. Even though I didn't feel great I didn't want the kids to feel like they had a crummy two days off school. I also didn't want to miss out on all the fun traditions we do each year. We meet up with JJ at my parents house and headed out to Purina Farms with everyone. We watched the dog show and went on a hayride through the woods. It was chilly outside and was sprinkling and drizzling as we went on the hayride. After the hayride we were excited to get inside the barn to warm up. The kids liked looking at all the animals and playing upstairs. They changed the activity and no longer had the haunted hayloft in the barn. We were all day to see that was gone. It was ok, they all played in the tunnels and with the tractors. We went back to my parents house for a snack and some hot chocolate before heading back home. The kids had fun and enjoyed going. I am glad that even though I was fighting a cold we were able to go together.
No comments:
Post a Comment