Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Magical Kingdom

Saturday we were excited to head to Magical Kingdom.  We were glad we were able to have a good nights sleep so we were nice and rested for a long day at the park.  We didn't rush out the door but slept and then enjoyed a nice breakfast at the hotel.  We then headed over to the park and caught the ferry that took you over to Magical Kingdom.  It was cool to ride the ferry over and see the park get closer as you went across. 

We weren't prepared for Magical Kingdom and couldn't get fast passes for anything until late afternoon early evening.  We decided to keep a close eye on the wait times and see how much we could do.  It really was such a fun park to be at, much different then Animal Kingdom.  It seemed more like an amusement park and there was more pressure to try to fit as much in as possible.



It was SO hot and humid there!  We were dripping sweat within minutes of getting out of our car that morning.  I kept tucking my map under my arm and it kept sticking to it.  I would have to peel it off my arm!  Natalie was doing the same thing and she got some of the map stuck to her arm.  Thankfully we were able to cool down on the rides and overall it wasn't to bad. 
We started at story time with Belle, it was cute!  It was fun to be able to see a princess up close.  The way the characters moved was really neat. 

I was worried I wouldn't be able to ride all the rides there.  I loved everything we rode and I was able to participate without getting sick.  Most of the rides we did were very slow and in a was almost like watching the movie abbreviated and in scenes.  They were all so cute and fun.  We rode the Little Mermaid ride, which was in sea shells.   
We then got lunch and headed to the parade.  Time seemed to pass so quickly while we were there it was crazy.  I really liked the parade!  Since we weren't able to see any of the characters up close this was the best way to see them all.  The music, costumes and dancing were all so fun to watch. 


After the parade we just kept busy with things with short wait times.  We got some free pins that said it was our first visit and Natalie's had a spot to fill in what she was celebrating and she wrote sisters.

We explored the Swiss family Robinson tree house.  Being there really made me want to watch a bunch of Disney movies.  It has been so long since I have seen so many of them.
We had a fast pass for the haunted mansion, that was a fun scary ride.  We also had a fast pass for the Pirates of the Caribbean which was cool.  
 We stopped to get a Dole Whip while we were close.  I have heard so much about them I had to try one.  I got the original one and Natalie got the float.  It was so good and I am glad we stopped to get one.

We stopped to see a street show and then got some dinner.  We had a fast pass to ride the Buzz Light Year ride which was fun.  We then headed over to the castle for the light show.  We were in such a huge crowd that we couldn't even move anymore.  We just had to stay put and ended up having a pretty good view of the show.  The show was awesome and maybe my favorite thing about Magical Kingdom.  The lights projected different pictures and scenes onto the castle.  There were fireworks  that went with the music and it was so awesome.  The theme was happily ever after and it was done so well.  


After the light show we figured the crowd would thin out a little.  We still had some time before the park closed.  The line for the Peter Pan ride was so long all day long.  We headed over there since the line was down to only a 25 minute wait.  Just as we got in line we heard the ride wasn't working and it would take some time.  We waited in line forever, over a hour and we were getting so exhausted and hungry.  We sat down while in line and had some snacks and rested.  We were finally able to ride it and it was so cute.  I am glad we waited in line because I had heard so much about the ride.  I would have felt bad missing the opportunity to ride it.  We got off the ride and had 10 minutes until the park closed.  We hurried over to the Snow White seven dwarf mine ride.  The wait was about 30 minutes but we all wanted to ride it.  That was probably our favorite ride, it was more like a roller coaster but with the seven dwarf theme.  We were glad we were able to ride that one too.    


Overall we spent 13 hours at Magical Kingdom.  We left exhausted and our bodies hurt from so much standing and walking.  We were happy we were able to fit so much in.  I left feeling like I was able to do a lot.  I loved the days I was able to spend at Disney world.  They were busy and so many times I was grateful to not have my kids with me.  I was able to really enjoy it and not worry about making other people happy.  I would love to come back someday with my kids and JJ but when they are older.  By the end of the day I was so exhausted and I can't imagine how Nolan would have handled a day like that.  For my first visit I was thankful to be just by myself and enjoy it and take it all in.  

No comments: