Lucy turned 19! She took off work on her birthday and JJ was off that afternoon. We picked him up at UMSL around lunch time when he was done with work and headed to Illinois. We headed back to Lake Lou Yaeger to swim for the afternoon. Nolan and I had so much fun when we went up and wanted to go back as a family. The past several years we have always been down at the lake with friends around Lucy's birthday. For her there is usually some hype about doing something fun and I knew she wanted that again this year. It was nice to spend the afternoon as a family as well. She leaves soon for Utah, and I know our family outings are limited with her. We had fun swimming, floating, playing on the inflatable and relaxing on the beach all afternoon. The diving board area was closed, and Nolan was disappointed about that. We thought the water was too low, but it was because the seagulls were all sitting on the platform and they didn't want to disturb them. They had also made a mess all over the area and it would need to be cleaned. When we were done swimming, we went to a Mexican restaurant in town. It was so yummy, and we were all pretty hungry. I am glad we had such a fun time. When we got home, she opened some gifts. We got her some new things for her apartment in Utah. We are saving cake and ice cream for the weekend when we have family over to celebrate. JJ and I can't believe she is 19, she has grown up so fast. When my kids were little people would stop me in the store and tell me how fast it goes and to enjoy it. They were right. I look back and I really have enjoyed all these years, all the stages and different phases in her life so far. She is a joy to have in our family, and we love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment