Thursday, August 15, 2024

Wards Baptism

We were excited to make a trip to Nebraska this summer.  It worked well for Natalie and Chad to wait to do Wards baptism until the summertime when lots of family would be in town.  I haven't been to their new house and was looking forward to seeing where they lived.  I love being able to visit people in their homes.  It is so fun to see how they live their life and see their surroundings.  Now when I talk to Natalie on the phone or see pictures, she posts I can know exactly where she is.  We got in town late afternoon.  We helped get somethings ready at the house for after the baptism.  The kids jumped right into playing and exploring the property.  Then we changed and headed to the church.  The baptism went really well, and they had a good attendance from their friends and ward members.  Everything went smoothly and I am glad we were able to be there to support Ward.  They invited people over to their home after the baptism for dinner.  They were so generous and picked up a BBQ dinner for people who came over.  We had a nice evening hanging out and visiting outside.  We took their side by side for rides on their country roads which was so fun.  It was good practice for Garrett since he just got his permit.  He could practice some driving skills on these back roads.  We got in the hot tub that night for a little while.  It was so nice and relaxing.  We stayed up way later than we are used to and finally all went to bed.  All of the kids were scattered around the basement on air mattresses, couches and memory foam pads.  It was so fun for them all!       





No comments: